Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ascension Energy of 2012 & War

Wow!  I just returned from another retreat with war veterans.  I feel honored to be allowed into these private circles and participate in their healing.  They are my favorite people to work with.  They have been through hell and back and watching them come back into life is just a joy.  They have dropped most of the petty bullshit that life stirs up.  They are grateful for everyday to be alive.  They appreciate every meal that is fed to them and notice every sunrise.  Their souls run deep and thrive on real human connection and real compassion.  They know they are honored warriors, but they don't honor war.

Oddly enough as I return back to life with regular people, I notice that it is the regular people who seem to be struggling the most with the ascension energy of 2012.  This is the year of every illusion coming up in our face so that we may decide and choose what is real.  Most of our beliefs are random and arbitrary.  They came from something that someone else told us.  They came from our parents, our schools, our church and our society.  Most of what we believe is made up.  I am watching regular folks struggle with the state of our country, trying to prove that their religious beliefs are accurate, fighting with their spouses over who should clean the house and trying to make their businesses work.

It's not about politics, the economy, our spouse or our business.  It is about ascension which is the raising of our consciousness.  As the vibration of the planet continues to raise - we really only have two choices.  We can surrender and accept the process or we can fight it. 

What does fighting it look like?  It is blame and judgement.  It is asking another to do something differently so that we are O.K.  It is blaming God - the government - or whoever you happen to choose on any given day.  It is a constant struggle with the belief that your life is wrong and it is up to you as a personal human to fix it. 

What does surrender look like?  Surrender is the deep letting go that accepts there is probably more going on than we understand.  For years I have thought the whole war on terror was wrong.  Instead of letting it go - we went to war - and now have another generation of war veterans.  What I saw last week overwhelmed me.  I saw people coming out of the wood work, donating time, money and their very lives to helping these war vets heal.  I saw the vets healing.  This is the first time in the history of the world as I know it - that a war has resulted in a mass movement towards the healing of war.  So as I see it now, this war on terror has really turned into a mass movement towards healing war.

Surrender means being open.  It means being willing.  It means letting the other guy off of the hook and yourself too.  It means seeing the good in the world and believing that all of us are moving towards a planet with a much higher state of consciousness.  We can stop asking why.  If we believe in God - then we must wonder - why does God allow all of this to happen?  Then we end up asking ourselves - who is God - and why am I here?  What is my purpose here?  In this deep questioning of the very purpose of our life, we open.  We love. 

So the question ultimately becomes - who am I in relationship to all of these events?  In that choice - the choice of how we are going to be - we get to see our soul.  I am often asked how I handle working with so much heavy stuff.  This war would be here whether I was here or not.  It is not a burden to me to walk with a vet and listen.  It would be a burden on my soul if I made the choice to turn my back.

So we breathe - meditate - drink lots of water - take all the quiet time we need - and see the perfection of a planet's growing pains.  All is well.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment