Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cassin's Finch

Cassin's Finch
I know all of the birds that visit my yard and I know their songs.  This morning I heard a new bird song.  I kept walking through the woods around my house looking for who was making this song that I have never heard before.  Isn't he beautiful?  It has taken me hours to identify him as a Cassin's finch.  A flock of grosbeaks came in this morning.  I was having such a great bird day that I decided to put up my hummingbird feeder.  Within an hour the 1st hummingbird showed up and a 2nd by this evening.  The chickadees, red breasted nut hatches, stellar jays, woodpeckers and the raven played today.  I decided it was a day to play.  I reread my favorite books and ate my favorite foods.  The men put up a giant wall tent in our back yard.  It looks like a cabin.  My friend's dog chased shadows and tried to bite them out of the ground.  My little dog Bear Bear chased squirrels and chipmunks.  This great day all started with the song of this finch.  Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment