Friday, June 1, 2012

The Energetic Space of Healing

      In a recent post I said that living in the Space of Miracles requires being open and willing.  The energy field of a healer will often help us shift into an open space if we have just a little willingness.   I flew with one of my daughters to Washington D.C. this week.  She has flown quite a bit and often alone.  She hates it because she gets so motion sick.  On this trip, she forgot her homeopathic remedy that helps.  As soon as she realized that she had forgotten it, she laughed and said, "never mind - I am traveling with my mom."  When her motion sickness kicked in, I showed her how to "feel" for the acupressure point that relieves motion sickness.  She says the bands don't work, the pills don't work and this wasn't working - yada - yada - yada.  I saw her shift the second she actually "felt" the point.  So she did that for a while and it provided some relief until we started to descend for landing.  At that point, she asked me to walk her through the EFT (emotional freedom technique) points.  She knows EFT but just doesn't practice it very often.  EFT is essentially tapping on acupuncture points.  I asked her to make sure her sphenoid was not in torsion.  She sort of glared at me and said, "it's not."  Hahahaha!  My kids are so familiar with craniosacral therapy that they know whether or not their sphenoid is in torsion!  She switched from acupressure to EFT and before we landed her motion sickness was gone.  She looked at me and laughed and said, "wow - I would have had a puke bag in my hand by now."
     Yesterday I am sitting with her after spending the entire day shopping, walking and eating.  Oh my!  We walked along the Potomac River and scouted out Japanese Tea Houses and French bakeries.  As I was sitting with her, I looked at her and I said - "You know - healing isn't hard - it's getting in that space where you actually realize that this can be healed and it's pretty easy."  I spent the rest of the day pondering that and realized that the Energetic Space of Healing is simply the awareness that not only is it possible - it probably isn't that difficult.
     One more note on "swag."  Wow!  There are days when I just feel old!  Two young men stopped my daughter and practically bowed in worship of her dreadlocks.  They proceeded to spin around her and point out that her outfit was perfect also and walked away backwards staring at her and said, "you have swag - man - that is swag - you are swag."  I said, "what is swag?" Blessings


No comments:

Post a Comment